Oat or rava upma
Note: For normal (rava) upma, just substitute rava for oats…
- Oats (old fashioned only! Quick cook won’t work.
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Cashews or peanuts
- Peas and/or carrots
- Hot water
- Make phodni as usual. Add 1-2 dried red peppers; or 1-2 green peppers (leave these in big pieces- don’t chop too finely!).
- Add onion (chopped into 1cm^2 pieces) and ginger-garlic paste, and sautee for 2 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots, if desired.
- Toss in some cashews or peanuts.
- Add 1 cup of oat (sub. rava) and stir it around for a bit – 2 minutes or so, just till it gets some color.
- Add 2.5 cups of recently-boiled water.