Note: can substitute eccini pasta for sabundana throughout this recipe
- Sabudana (tapioca balls), 1 cup per person.
- Curry leaves
- Peanut chutney
- Soak sabudana overnight (just enough water to cover the sabudana)
- The next morning, peel and cut a potato into thin slices
- Add peanut chutney, salt, a bit of sugar, and cilantro to the soaked tapioca and mix well
- Make a phodni of cumin seeds (be liberal), and also add fresh green chilli and curry leaves if available
- Toss in potato, and add a tiny bit of chili powder and 1 tsp salt. Fry till the potato is cooked.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, toss in sabudana.
- Stir at medium heat for a while, then, cover and lower the heat. The sabudana should steam and become translucent.