Chitranna (lemon rice)
- Cooked rice (day or a few hours old)
- Green chilli (maybe thai chilli)– 3 or 4
- Make a phodni of cumin, mustard seeds, dried red chilli
- Throw in the fresh chillis and fry a bit
- Fry peanuts and cashews in the phodni
- Turn to low heat and add turmeric.
- Add all of the phodni to the cooked rice.
- Also add juice from 3 limes and salt. Mix thoroughly. It should taste a bit over-tangy; evidently the rice will continue to absorb the acid over time before you eat.
- Serve with yogurt.